Welcome to the Junior Department! This department consists of nine classes, with children in Years 3-5. The aims of our department are:
- To provide a nurturing, class based environment in which children can develop academically and socially.
- To monitor progress and identify children needing extra provision (Learning Support & Gifted &Talented) across the year groups.
- To prepare children for the Senior Department, by laying the foundations in terms of expectations of behaviour and standards of work.
- To provide a supportive network to staff (teaching and support staff), by sharing good practise, resources and expertise.
- To develop the pastoral care for every child and to provide a supportive, unified approach to discipline and behaviour.
- To develop strong links between home-school and keep parents informed about how they can support their child
Your child is at an exciting stage of their education. As they join our Prep School and develop their independence there will be many new opportunities ahead. I hope you will find the information contained within this section useful, and that it will give you a better insight into life in this very busy, and happy, part of the school.
I look forward to meeting you and getting to know your child,
With best wishes,
Head of Juniors