Why Choose The Oratory Prep School?
There are so many factors to consider when choosing a school for your child and for you as a family. We hope that the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) set out further below help answer some of the questions you might have.
A fundamental reason parents choose the Oratory Prep School is the extent of the warmth and reassurance that we offer throughout the admissions process.
The key reasons set out below convey not just what we think sets our school apart but what our parents and prospective parents have told us were deciding factors in selecting the Oratory Prep School:
- Co-ed with an almost even ratio of boys and girls across all year groups
- Guaranteed small class sizes
- Day with flexi boarding, weekly and full boarding options – boarding
- Catholic ethos and values underpinning school life despite almost 70% of OPS families having different faiths or none
- Wraparound care provision for our youngest pupils
- Highly reputed senior schools in close proximity to the school
- Preparation for a wide range of day and boarding senior schools – leavers destinations
- The range of senior school scholarships and exhibitions awarded to our pupils – awards and scholarships
- Outstanding weekday extra-curricular programme and optional Saturday Enrichment Programme
- A commitment to individual all-round development and personal achievement as much as academic rigour and results
- Extensive grounds and school facilities including science labs, a 300 seater Theatre and indoor swimming pools
- Calibre of sports staff and commitment to competitive sport for all ages and abilities
- Unrivalled outdoor space with 65 acres for all of our pupils to explore and enjoy, including woodlands, natural ponds, fire pits and bee hives
- Dedicated Forest School with weekly lessons for every age group
- Less than an hour to central London and major airports