The Key Stage 1 Curriculum for children in Years 1 and 2 is separated into sub-sets of core and foundation subjects.
- Core Subjects: English, Maths and Science.
- Foundation subjects: Art and Design, Computing, Design and Technology, Geography, History, Music and physical education.
- Religious Education: This is a statutory subject at Key Stage 1. At the Oratory Preparatory School, children not only receive specific teaching on a wide range of religions, but Christian values are also at the heart of everything we do.
- Forest School: All children from age 2 upwards enjoy Forest School sessions led by one of our two fully qualified leaders. Forest School helps to develop independence of thought and resilience, whilst increasing self-esteem and promoting a sense of well-being.
- French: The children in Years 1 and 2 enjoy weekly French Lessons.