We encourage our pupils to consider themselves as agents for positive change in their school and wider community with tolerance and respect for others.
We promote involvement in local, national and international communities, giving pupils opportunities to show initiative, plan and carry out projects individually and in a team with a focus on regular charitable giving.
For example, Year 3 and 4 pupils have organised Bring and Buy sales and led on their own fundraising for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Each year, we take part in fundraising events which can include:
- CAFOD Harvest Appeal in October
- Reading Food Bank (food collection)
- Support for CIRDIC at Christmas
- Barnardos Toy Appeal at Christmas
- Pancake Racing on Shrove Tuesday
- Regular non-uniform days
- Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal
- One off Emergency Appeals e.g. Earthquakes/Tsunami/Ebola
- The Good Shepherd Appeal each Lent for Father Hudson Care
- Supporting a school in Africa/South America
- Other pupil initiated and organised events e.g. toy and cake sales
- Occasional appeals as agreed relating to the individual ideas of pupils e.g. Onesie Walk in aid of Action Against Cancer.
- NSPCC assemblies and workshops