The aim of the activity programme is:
- to nurture individual strengths.
- to allow a child to shine and show their ability outside of the classroom.
- to find out what children can do.
- to find something to boost every child's self esteem.
- to be purposeful.
Children are encouraged to do a variety of activities.
- Children can go home with a positive attitude even if the day has not gone well academically.
- Parents buy into OPS in part because of the many opportunities available. There are several outside staff taking part in our programme.
- Rapport can develop between teachers and pupils during an activity as children/staff behave differently than in lessons.
The OPS is proud of its incredibly broad curriculum - everything a child does is part of their development. The vast opportunities distinguishes The Oratory Preparatory School from other schools.